All Household Waste Recycling Centres in the Wakefield district are currently open for essential visits only with additional Covid safety and social distancing measures in place
Please only visit our centres to bring waste that you cannot safely store at home and follow the on-site guidance at all times for the safety of staff and customers.
Renewi has introduced a face coverings policy for all staff to help keep everyone safe. The health and safety of both our staff and customers is very important and we are therefore encouraging members of the public to make use of face coverings if they are able to when visiting our HWRCs.
Due to high customer levels, sites have occasionally had to close earlier than the published closing time. To avoid disappointment please do not leave it to the last hour to visit us. Please do not queue on the highway at any time to gain access to the Centres.
We’re all working really hard to keep everyone safe on site during this challenging time. Please treat our staff with respect and kindness during your visit.
Please read the following information and guidance before you visit:
- Vans, pickups (open or closed back e.g. Ford Ranger, Mitsubishi L200 etc), minibuses and trailers no larger than 8ft x 6ft will be allowed on site as normal.
- Trailers (no larger than 6ft x 4ft) on a domestic car can come in with a residential permit.
- Trailers larger than 6ft x 4ft and no larger than 8ft x 6ft on a domestic car will need a commercial type vehicle permit
- Trailers of any size on a commercial type vehicle i.e. van, SUV (pick up type) or minibus will need a commercial type vehicle permit. Maximum size permitted on site is 8ft x 6ft with a bed load of no more than 3 metres.
- You will need to have a valid commercial vehicle permit to gain access with any of the above.
- We’re expecting all sites to be very busy, with larger vehicle types taking longer to unload
- You should not visit an HWRC if you are unwell, as you should be following the self-isolation guidance, or if a member of your household is unwell and you should be following the stay at home guidance.
To keep all staff and visitors safe on site, please follow the safety and social distancing rules at all times:
- Bring your residents permit or proof of address. Permits will not be issued at HWRCs, please apply online or via the contact centre 0345 8 506 506
- Commercial type vehicles and trailers above 6ft x 4ft will only be permitted with a valid commercial permit
- No assistance will be given on site to unload
- Wash your hands before your visit and when you get home
- Use garden gloves or disposable gloves on site
- Be patient and expect queuing
- No pedestrian access
- Fewer vehicles will be allowed on site
- Limit your visits to once or twice a week
Anyone not co-operating or posing a risk to themselves or others will not be allowed on site.
Thank you for:
- Protecting our staff
- Following social distancing rules
- Wearing a face covering if you are able to
- Being considerate of others
- Being patient
- Not queuing on the highway and blocking access.