It is with regret that the Real Nappy Initiative which is delivered by Renewi in partnership with Wakefield Council must be suspended during the National Lockdown. Government guidelines advise that you must not leave home except where necessary. Whilst essential retail is permitted to operate, Renewi do not have this classification so cannot operate the scheme.
We will continue to monitor Government guidelines very closely and as soon as lockdown restrictions are eased the Real Nappy scheme will be reinstated.
We understand that some of you will be disappointed, but the safety of the general public and our staff is of upmost importance to us.
There will be no need to re-apply for the real nappy scheme if you have already applied, your application is already in our system and once the scheme is reinstated we will be in touch.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
In partnership with Wakefield Council, Renewi are offering residents the chance to trial a nappy pack for free!
You can apply for one pack per child under 12 months. (The age bracket has currently been extended to 16 months for a limited time due to COVID 19)
Many people still believe that the only alternative to disposable nappies are the old fashioned terry nappies – nothing could be further from the truth.
Modern real nappies:
- are easy to use
- come in a variety of shapes and forms
- are made of natural fabrics
- have disposable liners to catch any solid waste
- fasten with velcro, poppers or use simple folds
- can be washed on a 40-60 degrees cycle
- can save parents up to £500 on the first baby alone. This takes into account the costs used for electricity, washing powder and drying
- …and of course, they are better for the environment
Further information & guidance