|Wakefield||£35,379.80||4 on / 4 off||Permanent|
A vacancy has become available for a Shift Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical bias) to join the Engineering Team based at Wakefield. You will be responsible for mechanical maintenance services to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC), Materials Recycling Facility (MRF), Composting Facility, Residual Waste Treatment Facility (RWTF) and supporting Education Centre.
The maintenance delivery services consist of preventative and reactive work, project work, supporting capital investment and lifecycle work.
This is a permanent position, working on a 4 x days, 4 x shifts off, 4 x nights, 4 x shifts off, rolling shift pattern 6am – 6pm & 6pm – 6am
- Responsible for primarily mechanical maintenance inspections and routine repairs within all areas of the site.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining primarily static plant and machinery to ensure utmost reliability and safety whilst reducing downtime events on critical assets.
- Working as part of a small team, must be able to build good working relationships and support other team members
- Maintaining a safe working environment at all times and working in accordance with health and safety policies, including the reporting of close calls & incidents
- Close working relationship with the management team and staff
- Comply with changes to company standards and legislation
- Contributing to continuous improvement in productivity and plant availability